Terms & Conditions
We’re ready to lead you to your next vacation adventure
Terms and Conditions
Rules and Regulations/Terms of Service
Since 1979, Platinum Interchange® (“PI”) has provided various services including, but not limited to, exchange services to individual timeshare owners at resorts managed by Tricom Management, Inc. (“Tricom”) and to individual owners/members at other timeshare resorts. PI is an operating division of Tricom*, offering an exchange and rental service for use by its members, owners, and, in circumstances, other travel and leisure benefits. Tricom is a California Corporation. Every year, each individual owner/member at a Tricom managed resort automatically receives a free PI membership with no annual dues, which entitles them to services and benefits at specific prices. PI presently extends the automatic annual free membership and no annual dues to individual timeshare owners at select non-Tricom managed resort properties. Notwithstanding anything contained herein to the contrary, PI reserves the right to terminate any membership at any time for any lawful purpose. The name and address of the Exchange and Rental Company, (and Tricom): Platinum Interchange – 4025 East La Palma Avenue, Suite 101, Anaheim, CA 92807; 3700 Las Vegas Blvd. South Las Vegas, NV 89109; 1-800-854-2324, 714-779-7900, Fax (714) 630-2029.
Neither PI nor Tricom sells, leases, or otherwise conveys an interest in any property. Therefore, you (we), hereby, agree that PI and/or Tricom are not liable or responsible for any claim or loss incurred in connection with your ownership of a vacation interest or your participation in a vacation ownership program.
By using PI’s services, all members are in agreement to abide by all the terms and conditions, restrictions, guidelines, rules and regulations of PI. Shall member contest, dispute or fail to abide by the terms and conditions, restrictions, guidelines, rules and regulations, their PI membership may be revoked and the member is no longer a member in PI’s exchange and rental programs. PI reserves the right to refuse service to anyone. PI solely reserves the right to select which resorts are participants in PI. PI is authorized to change the list of participating resorts at any time without notification.
PI acts as an independent reciprocal reservation system for units of accommodation of its participating individual members at various national and international resort destinations. Units of accommodation include, but are not limited to, hotel rooms, studio/efficiency units and one, two and three-bedroom suites. PI individual members deposit accommodation weeks, nights or points**. In exchange, PI individual members withdraw and receive the equivalent number of weeks, nights or points of accommodation occupancy deposited by other individual members. When an owner banks a week with PI, that banked week is available as an exchange to PI’s members. If that week is still in PI’s inventory at 90 days or less prior to the arrival date of the week deposited, that week may be used exclusively by PI for rental and/or exchange purposes at PI’s sole discretion.
Exchanges are on a space available basis. PI makes no guarantees of fulfillment of any individual members specific exchange request(s). PI will make its best effort to fulfill PI individual members exchange request. However, PI can only offer for exchange what PI individual members deposit in the program. PI individual members understand that the accommodation unit size, design, occupancy restrictions, furnishings and amenities among other things, of the accommodation unit at the resort into which the member exchanges may differ from those of member’s own deposited accommodation unit(s). Further, the amenities package at the resorts exchanged into may also differ. Therefore, PI individual members understand that PI cannot be held responsible for resort amenities packages or accommodation unit interiors or occupancy restrictions.
Representations concerning PI, affiliated entities, authorized representatives, and any other third party affiliates of PI are limited in scope to materials provided or otherwise authorized by PI in writing. Any and all other representations are not binding or valid with respect to PI and affiliated entities of PI. The PI Exchange Directory is not inclusive of all resorts and this does not mean members are not entitled to use the exchange privilege for a resort not featured in the Directory. Likewise, featured resorts in the Directory do not necessarily indicate that members are entitled to use their exchange privilege at such resorts. PI has made reasonable efforts to ensure that resort information in the Directory is accurate. However, PI is not liable in the event of error, omission, and/or representation.
Member(s) will lose the use and occupancy of their timeshare interval in a properly applied for exchange, without being provided substitute accommodations by the exchange program, if they cancel or change their confirmed exchange.
Member(s) can Only deposit their “Use Time” reservations at the individual member’s home resort with an Exchange or Rental company.
Platinum Interchange Exchange and Rental reservations are “Exclusive“: Reservations booked with PI cannot be deposited with another Exchange or Rental company, or any other company or individual, or use for any other purpose.
The exchange fees currently are $129.00 for a domestic exchange and $149.00 for an international exchange.
PI reserves the right to change the exchange fees at any time at its sole discretion and will post notice of and communicate to members any such changes through the PI Internet website and in writing through PI member mailings.
Member(s) are responsible for payment of any applicable transient occupancy tax, sales tax or similar state, country or local tax that may be imposed on the occupant of the Resort accommodations.
Full payment of exchange service fee(s) is due and payable at the time of exchange reservation confirmation.
The exchange upgrade fee is $97.00 per upgrade for larger suite size, travel during a Platinum Interchange Holiday, and/or utilizing a second weekend, subject to availability (certain restrictions may apply depending upon the Resort – contact PI for futher information).
Platinum Interchange allows the flexibility to upgrade your exchange: A) To a larger suite (based upon occupancy guidelines), B) Travel during a Platinum Interchange Holiday* week, and/or C) Utilizing a second weekend.
Upgrades are subject to availability. If options A., B. and/or C. apply to your exchange, you are required to pay an upgrade fee and additional upgrades fees, as applicable. For example, if you want to exchange from a Studio Suite (occupancy two/sleeps two) into a Studio Suite (occupancy four/sleeps four), then one upgrade fee will apply (option A.). If during this same exchange you also want to travel during a Platinum Interchange Holiday, like Memorial Day, then you are required to pay another upgrade fee (option B.). In this example provided, hereto, your one exchange would then be subject to two upgrade fees (options A. and B.); in addition, to the exchange fee. Please refer to the Exchange Info page for additional information. All information is subject to change and may vary per resort. Certain restrictions may apply depending upon the Resort-contact Platinum Interchange for further information.
|ST4||ST6||1BD4||1BD6||2BD4||2BD6||2BD8||3BD6||3BD8||4BD||PLATINUM INTERCHANGE HOLIDAY EXCHANGE||Booking a 2nd Weekend on a Partial Exchange|
|NON-PLATINUM INTERCHANGE HOLIDAY DEPOSIT|
|USED WEEKEND ON PARTIAL EXCHANGE*|
*Partial exchanges available at select participating resorts.
A. Suite Size:
Suite Size Upgrade is determined by a comparison of the suite size deposited to the suite size exchanging and the number of persons (including children regardless of age) the suite may accommodate based upon maximum and private occupancy.
|Suite Type||Occupancy||Suite Type||Occupancy|
B. Platinum Interchange Holidays:
Platinum Interchange Holidays are:
|2023 Platinum Interchange Holidays||Date||2024 Platinum Interchange Holidays||Date|
|President’s Day||20-Feb||President’s Day||19-Feb|
|Memorial Day||29-May||Memorial Day||27-May|
|Independence Day||4-Jul||Independence Day||4-Jul|
|Labor Day||4-Sep||Labor Day||2-Sep|
|Thanksgiving Day||23-Nov||Thanksgiving Day||28-Nov|
|New Year’s Day||1-Jan-2024||New Year’s Day||1-Jan-2025|
C. Used a Weekend:
A timeshare week is seven (7) nights which consists of five (5) weekdays (Sun.-Thur.) and two (2) weekend days (Fri. & Sat.). Platinum Interchange offers partial exchanges when traveling two (2) to four (4) nights at select participating resorts. If a customer utilizes the partial exchange program when traveling two (2) to four (4) nights that are weekend days and books another partial exchange when traveling two (2) to four (4) nights using a second weekend, then the Second Weekend Upgrade fee applies.
The Guest Certificate or Reservation name change fee is $39.00.
Platinum Interchange Cancellation Guard for Vacation Exchanges
Cancellation Guard Terms and Conditions:
- If a customer elects to purchase the Cancellation Guard (hereafter referred to as “CG”) for an exchange transaction, the exchange cancellation is permitted on an exchange only if the customer cancels forty-eight (48) hours or more prior to the arrival date of the exchange reservation. If customer cancels an exchange within the permitted time frame, customer will receive the deposited week back to use for one future exchange. Such returned deposited week due to the original exchange cancellation, must be used by the expiration date as verified by an authorized Platinum Interchange representative at time of the cancellation (customer may elect to extend the expiration date by purchasing an extension fee). The Platinum Interchange representative will also send the expiration date in writing (email, mail or facsimile communications) to the customer within 14 business days of the cancellation. Customer must comply with the expiration date and all other terms and conditions in order for the CG to take effect.
- At the time of booking an exchange, customer has within forty-eight (48) hours of the booking to purchase CG. If customer does not purchase CG within the
allotted time frame of booking the original exchange, CG is no longer available as an option to purchase for the original exchange booking. CG must be purchased within the allotted time frame of booking the exchange, and customer must contact Platinum Interchange according to the terms and conditions set forth in 1.(c).
- Customer may cancel their exchange forty-eight (48) hours or more prior to the arrival date of the exchange reservation. Customer must contact an authorized Platinum Interchange representative by the allotted time frame, and notify about their exchange cancellation. Email and voicemail cancellation requests are not accepted as proper notification, and only telephonic contact between the customer who booked the original exchange and a Platinum Interchange representative is permissible notification for cancellation. Customer must notify of cancellation within Platinum Interchange’s normal operating hours.
- Customer agrees and understands that once the exchange is cancelled by them under the CG policy, customer cannot make any alterations, modifications, or the like. Customer and their guests are prohibited from checking into the exchange resort, at any time, during the original confirmed reservation dates once customer notifies of exchange cancellation. The original confirmed exchange reservation is null and void once cancellation notification is received by Platinum Interchange.
- Customer may opt to utilize Platinum Interchange’s CG to secure their original exchange fee and upgrade fees for one future exchange with specific terms and conditions (detailed herein). Exchange fee and upgrade fees (as applicable) paid by customer at the time of booking the original exchange week (which is cancelled) under the CG are NON-REFUNDABLE; however, such applicable fees are applied as a credit toward one future exchange confirmed and booked by the expiration date of the exchange deposit used against the original exchange.
- The exchange fee and upgrade fees (as applicable) are NON-REFUNDABLE, and will be applied solely as a credit toward one future exchange within the allotted time frame (determined by Platinum Interchange). If customer purchased the CG within the allotted time frame (determined by Platinum Interchange) of booking the original exchange, and does not cancel their original exchange according to the terms and conditions, then the CG fee is NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE to any other future exchange transactions; the original exchange is NON-RETURNABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE to any future transactions. Customer, thereby, forfeits any and all transaction fees, CG fee and the deposited exchange week is expired, meaning null and void for any future exchanges.
- If customer meets the above requirements and cancels an exchange within the allotted time, then customer will receive a credit that only applies to one future exchange ( with the same guest name and assigned expiration date). The credit only applies to the one future exchange which resulted from the original exchange being cancelled under the purchased CG. The credit cannot be applied to any other transactions or persons with Platinum Interchange, and is only transferable to the one future exchange before the expiration date. The one future exchange, resulting from the original exchange cancellation under the CG, must be used by the assigned expiration date as verified by an authorized Platinum Interchange representative, and any applicable credit from the original exchange cancellation will be applied to the one future exchange.The guest using the credit from the original exchange cancellation under the CG must be same guest as was listed on the original exchange.
- The CG fee is $45 per full week exchange, and $22.50 for partial (2-4 night) exchanges. Customer must pay the CG fee within forty-eight (48) hours of booking the exchange. Under the CG, the CG cannot be purchased for the one future exchange resulting from the original exchange cancellation. CG applies to one exchange only (Full or Partial week). If customer has more than one exchange and elects to purchase additional CG protection, the fee is $45 per additional full week exchange, and $22.50 for partial (2-4 night) exchanges (all other terms and conditions listed above apply to the additional CG protected exchange week(s)). For example, customer has three full weeks and books all three exchange weeks at the same time. Then, customer purchases CG for each exchange within the forty-eight (48) hours, as described in section 1 above, and customer pays a total of $135.00 for CG protection.
- If the exchange fee, authorized as a credit guarded with CG, to be transferred to the one future exchange is less than the exchange fee’s future rate, then customer must pay the difference of the exchange fee at the time of booking the one future exchange. If customer does not use all of their credit (originating from the cancelled exchange) when booking the one future exchange, then the remaining balance of credit is NON-REFUNDABLE, NON-RETURNABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE for any other future transactions. For example, if customer has a credit for an exchange fee and two upgrade fees originating from the cancelled exchange, and at the time of booking the one future exchange elects to only use the exchange fee credit and one upgrade fee credit, then customer forfeits the remaining credit for the other upgrade fee. Customer is prohibited from using any remaining credits and such credits are null and void.
- The CG Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice. Modifications to the CG Terms and Conditions will be posted on the Platinum Interchange website.
- All exchange transactions are subject to inventory availability.
- All exchange transactions may be subject to additional fees and taxes (i.e. city/county taxes, key fees, resort parking, resort cleaning fees), and customer is solely responsible for paying any and all such fees/taxes. Such additional fees and taxes (paid at time of exchange booking) are subject to a refund at time of cancellation.
Exchange Specials/Promotional Offers
PI’s exchange specials/promotional offers (hereafter referred to as “offer(s)”) have certain terms, restrictions and expiration dates. An authorized PI representative will inform customers about terms, restrictions and expiration dates if such information is not expressly stated elsewhere on the PI website and/or collateral marketing materials. Customers agree to abide with the offers terms, restrictions and expiration dates or the offers are deemed null and void. All offers apply to full weeks only. Offers do not apply to partial weeks. Customers must mention the offer prior to confirming the reservation, with acceptable payment, in order for the offer to take effect. Limit one (1) discount per customer per promotion. Booking windows and expirations dates apply to all offers. PI has the sole right to terminate the offers at any time without notice.
Rental and Exchange Cancellation Policy
For ALL Rental and Exchange Reservations, the total price of the reservation will be charged on the day of booking and is NON-REFUNDABLE, payable by American Express, MasterCard, Discover, or Visa. ALL Confirmations are FINAL. Reminder: ALL CREDIT CARD CHARGES WILL APPEAR AS PLATINUM INTERCHANGE. Exchange reservations may be cancelled; however, all Exchange fees, Upgrade fees, and Guest Certificate fees are NON-REFUNDABLE. Customers must call and speak with a Platinum Interchange Vacation Counselor at 1-800-854-2324 at least forty-eight (48) hours prior to the arrival date to have the deposited week returned to be used for another exchange and by paying a new exchange fee. All exchanges cancelled forty-eight (48) hours or less from the arrival date the deposited week is deemed used.
It is your sole responsibility to verify the Reservation Confirmation is correct. If there are any discrepancies, please contact Platinum Interchange within twenty-four (24) hours or Platinum Interchange is not responsible for inaccurate information. The Confirmation Letter must be presented at the time of check-in. If you have not received confirmation, please contact Platinum Interchange immediately. At the time of check-in majority resorts require a Photo ID and Credit Card (Security Deposit). By your receipt of this Cancellation Policy, this constitutes your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions set forth herein and as contained on the Platinum Interchange Website (and as amended from time to time).
The individual member’s participation and continued participation in the exchange program is voluntary and is not dependent on any affiliation agreement(s) the resort has with any other exchange company. The member’s participation in the exchange program is likewise not dependent on any contract the resort has with Tricom, any management company, and/or any other exchange company.
Policies and Procedures
To qualify for and to complete an exchange:
- Individual member(s) must be current with all financial obligations (maintenance fees, special assessments, property taxes, note payments, etc.) and be in good standing to their home resort through the week being relinquished to PI in conjunction with submitting an exchange request and/or depositing a week in PI’s exchange system and/or a request is placed through the actual requested and/or the commencement date of the week deposited (whichever occurs later).
- Individual member(s) must have a confirmed reservation for a specific interval week at their home resort prior to requesting and confirming an exchange or depositing it in PI’s exchange system. A PI vacation counselor will request an Owner Deposit/Resort Verification Form be signed by the member when the member is requesting to deposit the week with PI or when the member has a Special Request. Once the member and an authorized resort representative sign the Owner Deposit/Resort Verification Form, the deposit may not be cancelled.
- Member(s) may submit an exchange request by mail, email, telephone or fax. Member(s) may deposit their week by mail, email or fax. Member(s) need to confirm the receipt of their exchange request or deposits within 14 days of dispatch.
- “Exclusive”: Once deposited, the individual owner conveys all use privileges to PI. The week cannot be deposited with another exchange or rental company, or any other company or individual, or use for any other purpose.
- Individual member(s) must be in compliance with all terms and conditions governing PI.
- PI offers member(s) a dual exchange system:
- Deposit First – Individual member(s) may deposit their interval in PI’s exchange system before they submit an exchange request. Individual member(s) opting to deposit first have 24 months from the arrival date of the week deposited to withdraw and use a week in PI’s exchange system. However, at the conclusion of the 24 months the deposited week(s) are immediately assigned to PI allowing PI to have all rights to the use of same for the week(s) deposited. Extend your Week Deposit: To withdraw an exchange against the deposit, the travel date of the exchange must be less than or equal to the expiration date of the deposit; however if individual member(s) is not able to travel by the expiration date, member may extend the deposit expiration date for an extension fee of $89.00. Note: Deposit expiration date may be extended in six month intervals.
- Request First – Individual member(s) may make an exchange request with PI prior to depositing their week. Once an exchange request is submitted, it may be cancelled only if notice (written communication) of cancellation is received by PI prior to confirmation of the request. When and if PI confirms the exchange request, individual member(s) deposit their week in PI’s exchange system by signing the Owner Deposit/Resort Verification Form. PI reserves the right at any time to refuse an exchange deposit if the week deposited is less than 60 days (Domestic), 75 days (International) from the arrival date. Member(s) forfeits the right to occupy and use their home resort interval when it is deposited in PI’s exchange system. PI reserves the right at any time to refuse an exchange deposit.
- Individual member(s) are subject to the following time and/or restrictions on exchange requests:
- Dates of requested exchange may be prior to or subsequent to the arrival date of the week relinquished.
- PI must receive the exchange request at least sixty (60) days in advance of the dates requested for exchanges within the United States, and at least sixty (60) days prior to the dates requested for exchanges abroad. Nevertheless, PI reserves the right to accept requests that may not meet these requirements.
- Last minute week/time deposits- PI reserves the exclusive, sole right to accept or reject last minute week/time deposits where a member(s) deposits 60 days or less (20 to 59 days) from the start date of the week/time being deposited. If PI accepts a member(s) last minute week/time deposit, then the member(s) is subject to a non-refundable $111.00 late fee and the expiration date is two years from the start date of the week/time being deposited. Member(s) may exchange traveling during the non-expiring time based upon availability for an exchange fee and any applicable upgrade fees. Nevertheless, PI reserves the exclusive right to accept last minute deposits that may be less than the 20 to 59 days requirement.
- PI encourages individual member(s) to be flexible requesting an exchange into any of up to three different resort properties desired in the same resort destination area and to have up to three different preferred travel time dates.
- Since exchanges are arranged on a space-availability basis, PI cannot guarantee the fulfillment of any specific exchange request.
- PI exchanges are on a somewhat generic like for like basis and individual member(s) may not request nor be confirmed into an exchange for a larger suite size, holiday, and/or utilizing a second weekend (partial exchange) than the home resort interval being relinquished, unless individual member(s) agrees to pay the appropriate upgrade fee(s).
- Individual member(s) must comply with occupancy limits established by the Resort into which individual member(s) exchange, regardless of the occupancy limits of the week relinquished.
- Individual member(s) acknowledge that:
- Unit assignments are given by the Resort exchanged into at check-in and PI has no control over unit number assignments. Unit numbers are subject to change without notice and are determined by the Resorts and not PI.
- Resort facilities, amenities and services vary by country, location and resort, and that room accommodations vary in size, occupancy limits, décor and other interior detail. An exchange may not be requested for a greater number of people than the resort room can accommodate.
- Individual member(s) is directly and solely responsible for any and all damages caused by them and/or their assignees/guests and for replacement costs of any items missing from a Resort unit obtained through PI. Individual member(s) must directly pay said monetary damages/replacement costs in full to the Resort. Member(s) further expressly agrees that member(s) shall be liable, and bear all responsibility, for payment of any applicable taxes, security deposits, personal expenses, utility charges, damages, theft, losses and/or other charges of any and all entities and other parties, incurred in connection with member(s) travels to and from, and stays at, the confirmed resort unit. When a member, has an assigned exchange/reservation confirmation and such assignment is approved by PI, then member further agrees that member and his/her assignee(s) shall be jointly liable, and bear all responsibility, for payment of all the same aforementioned taxes, expenses, charges, deposits, damages, thefts, losses, and/or other charges. Further, member agrees that they and/or their assignee(s) shall be responsible and liable for any and all damages, losses, injuries, and/or theft caused directly or indirectly, during their occupancy of, or while they have been afforded access to a Resort unit and/or Resort premises.
- Members are in agreement that Resort amenities, descriptions, accommodations may vary depending upon location, country and interior design/décor. Amenities symbols and descriptions for the resorts listed in the Directory are more representations of features generally assessable at the resort. Members should contact a PI vacation counselor, prior to travel, for specific information relative to Resort accommodations/amenities such as but not limited to unit views and amenities. Individual member(s) is in agreement that from time-to-time amenities may change without further notice from PI. Individual member(s) must understand with the large volume of Resorts and units, it is impossible to guarantee 100% accuracy at all times. PI is not responsible for any typographical errors on Resort or unit amenities. Individual member(s) further agrees PI is not responsible for moving an individual member(s) for any errors, omissions or commissions on a confirmation/reservation.
- Individual member(s) is in agreement that Resort amenities may change and that PI assumes no responsibility or liability for such changes. Some Resorts may require additional fees, deposits, and/or taxes for the use of certain amenities and facilities. These fees are determined and collected at the Resort and not by PI. Occupancy taxes and other such fees (i.e. key, security, damage, lost items, etc.) required by some Resorts are the individual member(s) responsibility and not PI’s responsibility.
- Individual member(s) is in agreement that most Resorts do not allow pets in the unit(s). It is the individual member(s) responsibility to personally contact the Resort and determine the Resort’s policy on pets. PI assumes no responsibility in contacting the Resorts for information pertaining to their pet policies and it is solely the individual member(s) responsibility to contact the Resorts. Some Resorts may refuse check-in with a pet. Individual member(s) is responsible for either kenneling said pet or finding alternate reservations/accommodations at individual member(s) sole expense.
- Individual member(s) is in agreement that most Resorts do not allow smoking in the unit(s). It is the individual member(s) responsibility to personally contact the Resort and determine the Resort’s policy on smoking. PI assumes no responsibility in contacting the Resorts for information pertaining to their smoking policies and it is solely the individual member(s) responsibility to contact the Resorts.
- Individual Member(s) is in agreement that only the person named on a confirmation/reservation may check-in to the Resort. If the individual member(s) wants to make any changes, such changes must be approved by PI prior to travel.
- Individual member(s) is in agreement that Resorts check-in and check-out times are determined by the Resorts. Early arrival to a Resort does not guarantee access to a unit before the designated check-in time. Check-out times must be abided by and a late check-out may result in the Resort assessing fees against you.
- Individual member(s) is in agreement that PI is not responsible for problems relating to, including without limitation, construction, maintenance, normal wear and tear, and/or acts of nature.
- PI is not liable for any damage, injury, loss or theft to tangible or intangible items for any Resort listed in the Directory, on the PI Web Site or any other Resort exchanged or rented through PI. This is not inclusive of personal property left in the Resort units, theft/damage to vehicles and/or personal or bodily injury. PI’s liability, if any, in connection with members’ participation in the exchange program (or rental program) is limited to exchange fees (or rental fees) paid to PI by the member.
- Members and their assignee(s)/guest(s) must adhere to all rules and regulations of the Resort as well as any other covenants and restrictions, bylaws, and the terms and conditions so specified by that Resort. PI is in no way responsible for an individual member(s) and their assignee(s)/guest(s) violation(s) of the aforementioned Resort guidelines and PI will not offer any monetary refunds or relocations whatsoever to the offending individual member(s) and their assignee(s)/guest(s).
- Persons under 21 years of age are not entitled to the use of a PI reservation or occupancy of a Resort (unless accompanied by a person of at least 21 years of age).
- Individual member(s) is in agreement that the total number of persons occupying a unit must not exceed the maximum occupancy of the unit set forth by the Resort (regardless of age). Individual member(s) further agree the Resort and/or applicable party may refuse access and/or possibly levy an additional charge. If said occupancy disputes arise between the individual member(s) and the Resort, PI assumes no responsibility for any such additional levied charges or relocation costs.
- Individual member(s) is in agreement that all confirmations are final, non-cancelable, non-changeable, and non-refundable for any reason (including unforeseen conditions and acts of nature).
- Individual member(s) is in agreement that in the event problems occur upon check-in, that individual member(s) must contact PI prior to securing alternative lodging.
- Member(s) is in agreement that Resorts may offer daily or mid-week housekeeping services or towel exchange for a fee, payable by Member(s) not PI.
- Member(s) is in agreement that Resorts may offer unit supplies such as, including without limitation, water, snacks, paper towels, coffee and tea, and it is not PI’s responsibility for supplying any said supplies to member(s).
- Member must present a copy of the confirmation and any supporting documentation upon arrival to Resorts. In some states, it may be illegal to provide check-in information over the telephone and it is, thus, the member(s) responsibility to travel with the aforementioned documentation. If member(s) shall encounter any problems at the time of check-in, member(s) must immediately notify PI at the time of check-in as PI will not be liable for any delays, relocation fees, or any rental fees that may occur at the Resort. Further, member(s) is in agreement to contact PI prior to securing any alternative lodging.
- Member(s) is in agreement that neither a PI membership nor reservation/confirmation may not be used for any commercial purpose whatsoever, including
without limitation, sale and/or rental income.
- Member(s) is in agreement that PI is not responsible for any items left in a Resort unit and that PI is also not responsible for any theft occurring at a unit during member(s) stay.
- Regardless of the calendar followed by the Home Resort, members may be confirmed into a Resort with weekly time periods beginning on any day of the week.
- Members must make any and all changes in writing addressed and mailed (via United States Postal Service) to PI at 4025 East La Palma Avenue, Suite 101, Anaheim, CA 92807 or facsimiled to (714) 970-7103 with all necessary and pertinent documentation and verify receipt of the written correspondence and necessary documentation by telephonically contacting PI at 1-800-854-2324 within ten (10) days of the mailing/facsimile by the member.
Individual member(s) deposited timeshare intervals not used by the exchange company in effecting exchanges are placed in a rental program, and any and all rental proceeds inure solely to the benefit of PI and not the individual member(s). When individual member(s) deposit their interval, they relinquish all use and affiliated rights to PI. Individual member(s) occupying a unit by way of rental are subject to all of the same provisions of item (h) above. Moreover, individual member(s) occupying a unit by way of rental are directly responsible for any and all damages/losses caused by them and/or their assignee(s)/guest(s) and for any replacement costs of any items missing from a Resort unit obtained through PI.
PI provides individual member(s) various rental programs by which they enjoy preferential rates at participating resorts. They include, but are not limited to, the short notice programs such as Hot Weeks and Hot Nights programs.
Payment & Cancellation Policy
For ALL Rental Reservations, the total price of the reservation will be charged on the day of booking and is NON-REFUNDABLE, payable by American Express, MasterCard, Discover, or Visa. ALL Confirmations are FINAL. Reminder: ALL CREDIT CARD CHARGES WILL APPEAR AS PLATINUM INTERCHANGE.
Member(s) are responsible for payment of any applicable transient occupancy tax, sales tax or similar state, country or local tax that may be imposed on the occupant of the Resort accommodations.
It is your sole responsibility to verify the Reservation Confirmation is correct. If there are any discrepancies, please contact Platinum Interchange within 24 hours or Platinum Interchange is not responsible for inaccurate information. The Confirmation Letter must be presented at the time of check-in. If you have not received confirmation, please contact Platinum Interchange immediately. At the time of check-in majority resorts require a Photo ID and Credit Card (Security Deposit). By your receipt of this Cancellation Policy, this constitutes your acceptance of the Terms and Conditions set forth herein and as contained on the Platinum Interchange Website (and as amended from time to time).
The following are definitions of special terms, words or phrases, which are in the text of this document:
- “Confirmed Exchange” means the written notification from PI to the individual member(s) that their request for an exchange has been filled.
- “Confirmation or Reservation” means the written notification from PI to the individual member(s) that their request for an exchange or rental has been filled.
- “Deposit” means the relinquishment of a timeshare interval to PI.
- “Domestic Exchange” means an exchange to a resort located in the same country where the individual member(s) resides.
- “International Exchange” means an exchange to a resort not located in the same country where the individual member(s) resides.
- “Home Resort” means the resort where the timeshare purchaser or vacation owner has acquired a vacation interest.
- “Interval” means a timeshare estate, timeshare license, timeshare interest, unit week, week, points or any other right to occupy a unit or other accommodation for a defined period of time, and under such operational guidelines so as to be consistent with the operation of PI’s exchange system.
- “Member(s) or Individual Member(s)” means an individual person(s) who may or may not have a PI Membership in good standing with PI and can exercise their prerogative of choice service provider for exchanges and rentals. Member(s) or individual member(s) applies to both exchangers and renters.
- “Relinquish” means to give up occupancy and use of an interval at the home resort in order to exchange into another resort in PI’s exchange program.
- “Resort” means a particular resort, timeshare, vacation club plan or other vacation accommodations and/or facilities whose structure is compatible with the operation of PI’s exchange and rental program.
- “Assignee(s)” means any individual person(s) who may or may not be a guest or invitee of Member(s).
- “Guest(s)” means any individual person(s) who may or may not be an assignee or invitee of Member(s).
- “Timeshare Resort Management Firm” means managing entity and/or agent.
- “Upgrade” means the process of obtaining a larger unit, upgraded resort or unit amenities, higher season, holiday week (end) or greater demand area than a member(s) home resort(s) by paying an additional fee(s).
- “Vacation Area” means a geographic area or destination in which there are comparable resorts offering similar vacation experiences.
- “Use Time” means the week or interval of entitlement(s) and/or accommodation(s) occupancy that individual member(s) purchased and/or contracted at their home resort(s) or at any timeshare or vacation ownership related property(ies).
- “Vacation Counselor” means a PI authorized agent or representative who may provide exchange and rental services to member(s) on PI’s behalf.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless PI, and the Providers, “Its” (meaning PI) and “Their” (meaning PI) officers, directors, employees, affiliated entities, agents, licensors, and suppliers from and against all losses, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any violation by you of these Terms.
Third Party Rights
These Terms are for the benefit of PI and its Providers, its and their officers, directors, employees, affiliates, agents, licensors, and suppliers. Each of these individuals or entities shall have the right to assert and enforce these Terms directly against you on its or their own behalf.
Unless otherwise specified, the content contained in this Web Site is presented solely for your convenience and/or information. This Web Site is controlled and operated by PI. PI makes no representation that content in this Web Site is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who choose to access this Web Site from other locations do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. You may not use or export the materials in this Web Site in violation of federal or state laws and regulations. These Terms shall be governed by, construed and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of California, as they are applied to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within such State. Any action you, any third party or PI brings to enforce these Terms, or in connection with any matters related to this Web Site, members consent to the exclusive subject matter and personal jurisdiction of the courts of Orange County, CA. In the event of litigation between the parties, the prevailing party shall be entitled to all costs incurred, including reasonable attorney’s fees. If any provision of these Terms shall be unlawful, void or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Ownership, Copyrights, Trademarks, Other Intellectual Proprietary Rights and Restrictions
Platinum Interchange® and its affiliates, parent and subsidiary entities control and operate this Web Site. “We,” “Our,” and/or “Its,” meaning PI, PI affiliates and/or subsidiary entities and/or parent entity. PI’s corporate office is located at: 4025 East La Palma Avenue, Suite 101, Anaheim, CA 92807, and 3700 Las Vegas Blvd. South, Las Vegas, NV 89109. PI controls, operates, owns and/or licenses the content on this Web Site or any affiliated Web Site, and as such this Web Site is solely to be utilized for personal (non-commercial) use. No part of this Web Site may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including, without limitation, photocopying and recording, or by any information storage or retrieval system without the prior written permission of PI, unless such copying is expressly permitted in this copyright notice or by U.S. federal copyright law. This does not include the right to make any part of this work available on any Web Site or through any computer electronic means for any purpose. All content on this Web Site or any Web Site owned, operated, licensed and/or controlled by PI is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, and/or other intellectual and/or creative property rights. Web Site content may not be copied, distributed, exploited, posted, reproduced, republished, transmitted, and /or uploaded in any way for commercial purposes without the prior written consent of PI. Without written consent, your use of web site content owned, operated, licensed, and/or controlled by PI for any purpose other than personal, non-commercial use, is prohibited and violates copyrights, trademarks, service marks and/or other proprietary rights. At any time, and for any reason, PI reserves the right to deny consent to anyone. A consent for using Web Site material can be requested by sending a FAX to PI at (714) 970-7103, and in conjunction having an authorized representative, namely the President or Vice President, authorize such a request by way of his/her signature. Content material on this Web Site may not be used for any purpose that is defamatory, inflammatory, libelous, obscene, pornographic, unlawful, or prohibited in the terms of this agreement. Any violations of the aforementioned terms, terminates your permission to use the content of PI material.
All content on this Web Site, inclusive of, but not limited to audio clips, images, illustrations, graphics, text, and video clips, is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, and/or other intellectual property rights. Such rights are governed by the United States and international copyright and trademark laws, copyright laws and treaty provisions, privacy and publicity laws, and communication regulations and statutes, and are owned and controlled by PI or its affiliates, or by third party content providers, merchants, sponsors and licensors (collectively “Providers”) that have licensed their content or the right to market their products and/or services to PI. Content on this Web Site or any web site owned, operated, licensed or controlled by the Providers is solely for your personal (non-commercial) use. PI grants you a limited, non-transferable license to use this Web Site in accordance with the terms and conditions of these Terms and Conditions. You may print a copy of the content and/or information contained herein for your personal, non-commercial use without the prior written consent of PI or the Providers. Without the prior written consent of PI or the Providers, your modification of the content, use of the content on any other web site or networked computer environment, or use of the content for any purpose other than personal, non-commercial use, violates the rights of the owners of the PI and/or the Provider copyrights, trademarks or service marks and other proprietary rights, and is prohibited. PI retains the right to deny access to anyone at its discretion for any reason, including for violation of these Terms. You may not use on your web site any trademarks, service marks or copyrighted materials appearing on this Web Site, mark or copyright. You may not frame or otherwise incorporate into another web site any of the content or other materials on this Web Site without prior written consent of PI.
This Web Site is protected under United States trademark law. The trademarks, trade names, logos, service marks, product names, and company names (the “Trademarks”) appearing on this Web Site are registered and unregistered Trademarks of Platinum Interchange. This Web Site contains some intellectual property rights belonging to third parties which are not affiliated with this Web Site. Any and all such intellectual property rights (including without limitation to trademarks, copyrights, logos, service marks, product names, and company names on this website) of these third parties are the property of their respective owners for which this Web Site, Web Site provider, and Web Site provider’s affiliated companies makes no claim including, but not limited to, ownership, profit sharing, and the like in relation to their intellectual property rights. All other trademarks, logos, service marks, product names, and company names on this Web Site are the property of their respective owners. Under no circumstances should anything appearing on this Web Site be construed as granting by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any form of license or authorization to use, reproduce, or distribute the Trademarks displayed on this Web site. Licenses to use Trademarks appearing on this Web Site may be obtained through Platinum Interchange’s prior written consent. Platinum Interchange may withhold its consent. Misuse of Trademarks or any Materials comprising this Web Site is strictly prohibited. You agree to abide by any and all trademark and service mark notices, information, or restrictions contained on this Web Site. Any copied or downloaded content must retain all trademark and service mark notices. Platinum Interchange will strictly enforce its intellectual property rights under the trademark laws.
Compliance with Laws
PI may be obligated to disclose information about you to a law enforcement agency or by a court order, or under the discovery process in litigation and prosecutions. PI may also disclose information voluntarily to cooperate with law enforcement agencies in matters of national security.
Other General Terms
Headings: Headings are for reference purposes only and are merely included for convenience and have no bearing or effect on these terms and conditions.
Severability: These terms and conditions shall be deemed severable. If any provision(s) of these terms and conditions are declared by any judicial or other competent authority to be void, voidable, illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, such provision(s) shall nonetheless be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and such determination shall not affect the enforceability and validity of any other remaining provision(s) which shall remain in full force and effect.
Modification: PI may at any time modify these terms and conditions and your continued use of PI’s site is conditioned upon the terms and conditions in force at the time of your use. In conjunction, you, accordingly, agree to review these terms and conditions periodically, and your continued access and use on PI’s site shall be deemed your acceptance and understanding of the changed and/or modified terms, notices and conditions.
Omissions and Errors: Every effort is made to assure accuracy. PI assumes no responsibility for errors, inaccuracies or omissions, including without limitation, typographical errors, amenity or unit listings, and check-in/check-out procedures.
Denial of Access: In PI’s sole discretion, in addition to any other rights and remedies available to PI, may terminate or restrict user’s access to PI’s site without liability to the user; provided, however, the user understands and agrees such denial of access can be enforced by PI at any time and without notification to the user.
Limitation of Liability and Disclaimer of Warranties
IN NO EVENT SHALL PI (MEANING “WE” AND/OR “OUR”), NOR OUR RELATED PERSONS, NOR OUR AFFILIATED OR RELATED ENTITIES, INCLUDING PROVIDERS, NOR ANY OF OUR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS, NOR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY INVOLVED IN THE CREATION, PRODUCTION AND DISTRIBUTION OF THIS WEB SITE, BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES WHETHER ARISING UNDER CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, OR ANY OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER WE KNEW OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION FROM THE USE OR ATTEMPTED USE OF THIS WEB SITE OR ANY OTHER LINKED SITE.
PI AND RELATED PERSONS AND ENTITITES SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM OR DAMAGE ARISING FROM, BUT NOT INCLUSIVE OF: ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DESTRUCTION, THEFT, RELIANCE UPON OR USE OF CONTENT, INFORMATION, OPINIONS OR OTHER MATERIALS APPEARING ON THIS WEB SITE, OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO PERSONAL RECORDS. YOU, HEREBY, EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT WE ARE NOT LIABLE OR RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES.
ALL CONTENT ON THIS WEB SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. OTHER THAN THOSE WARRANTIES WHICH, UNDER THE U.S. LAWS APPLICABLE TO THESE TERMS, ARE IIMPLIED BY LAW AND ARE INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION, OR MODIFICATION, WE DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
NEITHER WE, OUR AFFILIATED OR RELATED ENTITIES, NOR THE PROVIDERS, NOR ANY PERSON INVOLVED IN THE CREATION, PRODUCTION, AND DISTRIBUTION OF THIS WEB SITE, WARRANT THAT THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN THIS WEB SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE SERVER THAT MAKES THE CONTENT AVAILABLE WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. THE CONTENT THAT YOU ACCESS ON THIS WEB SITE IS PROVIDED SOLELY FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE AND INFORMATION ONLY. WE DO NOT WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THIS WEB SITE, OR AS TO THE RELIABILITY, ACCURACY OR CURRENCY OF ANY CONTENT, SERVICE, AND/OR MERCHANDISE ACQUIRED PURSUANT TO YOUR USE OF THIS WEB SITE.
ANY OPINIONS, ADVICE, STATEMENTS, SERVICES, OFFERS, OR OTHER INFORMATION EXPRESSED OR MADE AVAILABLE BY THIRD PARTIES (I.E. LINKED SITES) ARE THOSE OF THE RESPECTIVE AUTHORS OR DISTRIBUTORS OF SUCH CONTENT.
YOU, MEANING CUSTOMER, VISITOR, AND/OR USER (NOT PLATINUM INTERCHANGE) ASSUME THE ENTIRE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING AND REPAIR OR CORRECTION OF YOUR SYSTEM.
HEADINGS ARE FOR REFERENCE PURPOSES ONLY. WE RESERVE ANY RIGHTS NOT EXPRESSLY GRANTED OR STATED IN THESE TERMS.
*For a list of participating resorts managed by Tricom Management, Inc., please call the Reservations Manager at 1-800-854-2324 or visit www.tricommanagement.com.